Cockroaches are one of the most common and feared pests in both homes and businesses, as they can transmit numerous microbes, such as Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Coliforms and other pathogens that cause dysentery, diarrhoea, gastroenteritis, among other diseases.
When there are signs of a cockroach infestation, it is recommended that you act as quickly as possible and carry out the appropriate disinsectisation treatment, as these insects reproduce very quickly.
Cockroaches are very difficult to eliminate because of the great resistance they have, so the action of professionals such as Gimasur’s technicians is necessary, since they know how to treat them and which biocide products to use properly.
Problems with cockroach? We solve them for you!
EVIDENCE OF PLAGUE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
Cockroach pests are very common, so action should be taken to eliminate them as soon as their presence is known, in order to reduce the health risks that cockroaches can cause.
Cockroaches are attracted to food. In fact, they will eat anything, whether it is food, paper, plastic or pet droppings, among others.
There are three types of cockroaches:
• Black or common cockroach (Blatta orientalis). These cockroaches can live both indoors and outdoors, especially in gardens in temperate climates, next to building foundations or on the surface of sewers. They frequent dark, damp places such as drains, basements and rubbish containers. They feed on all kinds of dirt and decomposing organic matter. Their size can reach 30mm and they are dark brown, almost black. Female Orientalis cockroaches can reproduce up to 250 eggs per year.
• Red or American cockroach (Periplaneta americana). This is the most common species found. They can reach a size of 35-55mm in length. Normally, it takes refuge in sewers, drains, wells, etc., as it looks for dark places with high humidity and decomposing organic material to take refuge. For this reason it is very common to find them in restaurants, hospitals, shops or buildings where there is access to drains and sewers. To avoid the presence of this type of cockroach it is necessary to avoid the presence of food remains and dampness.
• Blonde or German cockroach (Blatella germanica). It is one of the most difficult to control and is one of the most common in homes and businesses, as they tend to frequent places where there is food and especially in warm, damp and dark areas. This type of cockroach is very small, measuring 15-17mm in length at most. They also reproduce very quickly, as a female cockroach can lay more than 300,000 eggs a year. To avoid the presence of this type of cockroach, it is recommended that you remove food remains and avoid dampness, as well as removing porous surfaces where they like to take refuge, such as cardboard, paper or wood.
• Brown-banded cockroach (Supella Longipalpa). This type of cockroach does not need as moist places as the American cockroach, so they are usually found in drier places, such as homes without air conditioning or offices where a large amount of paper accumulates, allowing them to take refuge. This type of cockroach can grow to be over 20mm long and is brown with two lighter coloured bands on the wings and abdomen.
All types of cockroaches are nocturnal, as they hide during the day and are more active at night, when they come out to look for food. For this reason, it is very difficult to see them alive and it is more common to know of their presence by the signs they leave, such as they are:
• Cockroach droppings, which look like black powder.
• Cockroach droppings in areas where cockroaches are most common, such as the kitchen and skirting boards.
• Presence of eggs (oothecae) and discarded skins, as they moult 5-8 times.
• Damage, as these insects attack organic items such as leather or books.
• Unpleasant smell produced by cockroaches.
• It is sometimes possible to see live cockroaches in toilets and kitchens, especially in the case of the blonde cockroach, or in basements, in the case of the black cockroach.
TREATMENT AGAINST COCKROACHES
Eliminating cockroach pests is often very difficult, so professional treatment is essential.
Gimasur are experts in the treatment of cockroach pests, so they offer you personalised treatments for your facilities, guaranteeing long-term solutions and reducing the risk of reinfestation, provided that the prevention measures that Gimasur will advise you about after the treatment are put into practice.
The presence of cockroaches in businesses represents a great threat, since they can seriously affect health, as well as contaminate and cause serious damage to stored products and goods, and can seriously affect the reputation of the business.
HOW TO ELIMINATE COCKROACHES
In order to eliminate a cockroach infestation, Gimasur begins by conducting a thorough survey of its facilities, looking for signs of this pest and identifying the places where they take refuge and the type of cockroach involved.
We offer you a service that includes regular and safe treatments, carried out by certified technicians with great experience in the sector, who will adapt to your needs.
SOLICITA UNA INSPECCIÓN PARA TU HOGAR O NEGOCIO
Si necesita información sobre control de plagas de cucarachas llame al 958074444 o envíe un e-mail rellenando el formulario correspondiente y estaremos encantados de ayudarle.