Environmental and Social Responsibility (CSR)
Environmental and Social Responsibility
Environmental and Social Responsibility refers to the business commitment to the Environment and the Society as a whole, and seeks to describe the internal and external relationships that are had with other stakeholders, in order to carry out a fair and sustainable collaboration.
At Gimasur Ambiental, S.L., we are committed to environmental and social responsibility, so our practices are carried out in a responsible and sustained way.
Our policy of quality and business excellence includes that environmental and social responsibility in an express way. More information at: https://gimasur.com/quality-excellence/
SACE: Andalusian Emissions Compensation System
Gimasur Environmental Responsibility Test, is the signing, as of 26/11/2018, of the Collaboration Agreement with the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development of the Junta de Andalucía for the fight against climate change, through the voluntary reduction of the carbon footprint and adherence to the Andalusian Greenhouse Gas Emissions Compensation System. (SACE). Being the only Andalusian pest control company registered with SACE.
Complete list checkable in: http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/medioambiente/
The Andalusian Emissions Compensation System (SACE) is an initiative of the Ministry of the Environment that provides the business sector with the opportunity and means to acquire environmental responsibility by actively participating in the fight against climate change.
Carbon Footprint Calculation and Reduction
Gimasur’s Carbon Footprint is all greenhouse gases (GHGs) emitted both directly and indirectly by a corporation.
At Gimasur we carry out an annual measurement of the Carbon Footprint,from 2016 to the present day. With this action we reliably quantify the amount of CO2 emissions that are released into the atmosphere due to the day-to-day activities of our company.
With this data we make decisions, under environmental responsibility standards, to implement actions that aim to reduce or compensate for such emissions. Getting after 3 years of hard effort, Reduce Gimasur’s Carbon Footprint.
This practice has granted us to obtain quality seals (Calculation and Reduction) issued by the Ministry of Ecological Transition and Environment,which has approved Decree 163/2014 of March 14, in which it creates a register of companies that measure their carbon footprint and the measurement and accreditation procedures required to register.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a way of understanding companies as a part of the local environment, which interacts with society globally, including personal relationships between workers, suppliers and customers. These relationships therefore go far beyond legal or economic relations.
Gimasur’s corporate social responsibility assumes principles based on environmental responsibility in sustainability, solidarity and equality always linked to quality and business excellence. Some aspects to note are:
- The office works in Intensive Day from 07:00 to 15:00 throughout the year.
- The work routes are carried out trying to get the technicians to work in a day-to-day intensive hours, provided that this can serve our customers. Otherwise, at least staff turnovers occur so everyone can enjoy an intensive day.
- Employability: 75% of staff are fixed.
- Reconciliation is one of our hallmarks, time flexibility for mothers and fathers with sons or daughters, exams and administrative procedures.
- Incorporation of people with functional diversity. Agreement established with the Andalusian Foundation for the Integration of Persons with Mental Illness (Web Faisem: https://www.faisem.es) to help people at risk of social exclusion.
- 50% of intermediate managers are women.
- Recognition for productivity, in addition to the salary established by agreement.
- Equality of wages between women and men.
- Collaboration in cultural, sporting, social and humanitarian projects.
- Continuous training of workers.
- Agreements established with Secondary Institutes for the incorporation of Senior Technicians in Environmental Health (TESA),Andalusian Employment Service, City Council Work Bags to welcome trainees and fellows.
In short, Gimasur integrates in its business an ethical approach and under the premise of environmental responsibility. We support local suppliers,either locally, provincially or regionally in Andalusia, or nationally. With this we generate trust in our customers and suppliers, create inter-company relationships, increase the motivation and identification of staff with the Gimasur brand and favor a good working climate.